Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lucky Shoes

So, here's the picture of my lucky shoes. I've convinced my son, if we win money on the super bowl today, to let me make him a pair!
All is going well as far as my treatments, etc. I've had 3 so far. I met with the oncologist Friday. He talked about starting tamoxifen treatment again. I reminded him that I tried tamoxifen 4 years ago and had horrible headaches and weight gain. Since there is only a 2% benefit for me, the quality of my life is worth more than that and I chose not to take it. I'm feeling good. Going through a few changes with work that are a bit frustrating but will be okay.
Yesterday Dad came over to help with yardwork. His energy amazes me, encourages me. Every year they come to town I have my ongoing list that we whittle away at over the 4 months. I am so thankful for the help and getting the jobs done, but more important is the time we spend together and the little conversations about nothing and everything.
This morning I went to Mom and Dad's for sourdough waffles. Their 55th anniversary is in a couple weeks. My sister came up with the original idea...I got a photo album with a cut out in the center of the cover, in which I put a picture of them on their wedding day. I wrote across the top "Happy 55th" and their wedding date across the bottom. All of us kids and grandkids are going to send anniversary cards and a certain amount of pictures. If everyone follows through they should get 55 pictures for the album. I also took over 4 different colored bouquets of carnations and miniature candy bars. The breakfast was great, the company better. It'll be fun to see the album when its filled.
Not much else happening today, which can be a good thing. I'm wearing my lucky shoes and keeping positive. I'm marking my calendar with big blue numbers after every treatment and looking at each one as another step on the journey.
Have a Super day and whether you watch the game or not...I wish you luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment