Sunday, February 14, 2010

BE KINDER

So, it's been a few days. Just busy with life and all that entails for me these days. For those of you keeping track, I've had 8 treatments so far....30+ to go. Things are well in that regard. I'm tired but I think it is for lack of sleep rather than radiation. I got my treatments changed to 9 a.m. so that should help. I'm enjoying my book on CD...The Scarpeta Factor. Some days it seems I see no end to my daily trips. Other days, not so much. Like I say, "Ya gotta do what ya gotta do."
BE KINDER. As many of you know, I got my first tattoo for Christmas from my son. It says simply "BE KINDER". I've adopted this as sort of a mantra. It works for everything. If everyone were a little kinder, the world would be a better place. Starving kids? Be kinder and give them some food. Domestic violence? Be kinder and help the people involved. War? Be kinder. Road rage? Let the other person go first. ...... Try it and see if it works for you.
I ordered wrist bands and have been passing them out. Funny how such a little thing can spark such thought-full conversation. If you want me to send you some let me know and I will. You can help me spread the awareness. Sometimes my mind goes crazy with ideas. In this case, I can almost see a movement of sorts...bumper stickers, T shirts, hats, ads on buses and planes. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.
Had breakfast with Mom and Dad this morning...the closest I have to a Valentine. For those of you with sweethearts, enjoy every day and celebrate what you have in each other. As for me, I celebrate myself with contentment.
That's it for today.
BE KINDER.

1 comment:

  1. I've always believed that simple kindness is what this world is missing.

    ReplyDelete