Sunday, March 21, 2010

Today Is A Good Day!


Whooooohooooooo! My treatments are over. Thank God....and I do. What a long couple of months it has been. Now, I've just got a couple of weeks and then my energy and stamina will be back to my usual busygogogo self.

Friday was a great day. Mom went with me to my last treatment, helped me carry cinnamon rolls, thank you notes and BE KINDER wrist bands for the people that have walked this journey with me for the past few months. There were lots of hugs and tears of happiness, sadness, and simple relief. There is a cow bell that hangs by the front desk at the center. Whenever anyone finishes their treatments, they get to ring the bell. What a beautiful sound that was...cheers and clapping. It was sprinkling rain when we went back out to the car. Mom gave me a beautiful little beaded bag that was Gram's and a gold ring with rubies that belonged to someone in the family, "something special to remember this day".

Mom and I went for Starbucks and then home where Christopher and dad were getting ready to paint the outside of the house. Miraculously, the sun came out. Mom and I went to a movie, picked up hamburgers for the painters, and spent the afternoon just enjoying the company and peace of the day. The house looks awesome, so clean, an "inside a Three Musketeers candy bar" color. We shared a spaghetti meal together and Dad's rhubarb pie for dessert. Awesome, awesome day.

Yesterday I had to go to driving school for a ticket I got on the first day of my treatments...how ironic that my class was the day after my last treatment. Lol! Sort of like a finale.

Then, the most amazing thing. When I walk the dogs, we look at birds and are fortunate enough every once in a while to see a quail or 2. I love them. Mom and Dad have tons of them in their backyard that they feed, but I have never seen one anywhere in my neighborhood. Late afternoon I was talking to Mom on the phone about how relieved I was to be able to get back on track, the driving school being done, new beginnings. At that moment, I looked outside and over by my palm tree what do you think I saw? Yep, a single quail. Can you believe it?! I really wanted to get a picture but was too afraid if I moved I'd scare him off, so I just watched him. He was pretty quick to hop through the fence and leave. I put out some food in case he comes back. Whether he comes back or not really doesn't matter (although I would love it if he did) because he served his purpose, delivered his message if you will.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Thank you to all of you who have been following this little journal of my journey with me and for all your thoughts and prayers. You can officially move me down on your lists.

Enjoy your day, and keep your eyes and hearts open. Who knows, you might be blessed by a metaphorical quail.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN! Such a horrible thing you had to go through but you are so strong and such a positive example of how a SURVIVOR should be!!! We love ya, lady! Keep shining your light! :-)

    ReplyDelete