Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Every Day Is A Good Day

It's been a while. I'm still here, tired but here. I've had 21 radiation treatments so far and am so thankful I only have to have 33 this time. Whoohoo! Funny how the treatments are so focused on my right breast and yet seem to be affecting my whole body and brain. I feel as if I'm in a fog a lot of the time. The doctor says it is because my whole body is fighting against the radiation. Oh well, no wonder I'm tired. In spite of the circumstances, there are little blessings all along the way. The people I see everyday are amazing and funny. I'm comfortable with them.
Anyway, otherwise I've been busy with Mom and Dad. Dad and I are going to paint the outside of the house. He is simply amazing in all the hard work he is doing with the preparation. We both love Home Depot! Christopher is almost all moved back in. He's going to get his bills paid off and move to a less expensive place closer to work. He's so smart about finances and plans. He's not looking forward to my constant "turn it down, clean it up, put it away" comments, but thankful to have a place to be. It'll be nice to have him around....for a while, she said with a grin.
That's about it for today. I'm enjoying the blessings and miracles that happen in my life everyday. The sun is starting to shine again and listening to the birds in the morning is a wonderful sound. Funny how sometimes they seem louder than others. Have you ever just sat outside and listened? I mean really listened? It's amazing how much we miss in the busy-ness of our daily lives. I'm trying to be more present in the moment and not think so much about what's going to happen next. I'm trying to appreciate those little things and recognize them for the impact they have on my life.
Enjoy the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment