Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First Post

So, this is my first post. Basically, I'm writing for myself because I haven't told anyone about this blog yet. What to write? Hmmm. Today is my brother's birthday. I've missed him. We live far away from each other and finances and time continue to make it difficult to get together. I love him. Family. That single word can invoke so many emotions depending on your own. I have been so blessed to be a part of a caring, compassionate, and loving family. Although we are spread out through the states, we continue to be "there" for each other consistently. My heart breaks a little when I think of all the discord that continues to destroy other families. The child abuse, the domestic violence, the absence of parents in their children's lives. Divorce happens. But, that doesn't change the fact that the people are still parents. There is never, never an excuse for parents not to be there for their children. I wonder if it would be better if there was some piece of paper that "divorced" the children from the problems of their parents. Hmmm, that might be a good idea. So, rereading this post I realize my thoughts are scattered and I wonder if this is the way this blog will go, just sort of random thoughts on a page. Could be more therapeutic than informative. Ha! I'm sure we have all known someone, or perhaps yourself, who have had a family member pass away either expectantly or not, that you wish you would have told them something before they died, some unfinished business so to speak. Maybe an apology, maybe an explanation, maybe a confession, or maybe just a simple "I love you". I think sometime in our lives we are all struck with a "life-changing" event, something that happens that makes us promise to live better more thoughtful lives. Unfortunately for most of us, that promise seems to slowly fade away until we go back to our old ways. Remember September 11th? Where has all that patriotism gone? The flags? The doing things for others just because? Sad. We need to get back on track. Whew! Lots of emotion today. I better go get busy getting busy. Today's challenge: Do something for someone else today just because.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog it feels like we r sitting down having a deep conversation. All I have to say about todays blog is amen!!!!

    ReplyDelete