Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Accepting Changes

Another day. Finally, cooling off in Arizona. I love the heat and the sun but, after a really, really long summer, I sure appreciate being able to open the windows and doors to let the fresh air in. As I sit here, outside my window, I can see my flag waving in the breeze. Funny how a simple change in weather affects the way I feel. Change. I believe that it is not the changes around us that cause us to feel a certain way, but rather the way we accept or don't accept those changes. My sister has an amazing way of seeing something good in absolutely everything. I'm pretty good at it too, but it sometimes takes me a little while to get there. I like my routine. When something happens to change that, I tend to resist the change. Once I get to the point where I can accept the change, then I can begin to see the positives in it. I just wish that process could be a little quicker sometimes. Lol. For today, I'm going to work hard on seeing the good in the changes happening in my life and my space. I'm going to focus on how I can benefit from them. I'm going to accept the changes for what they are and move forward in a positive light, thereby brightening my mood and the world around me.

Today is read a book together day.

No comments:

Post a Comment