Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Grass Work

Whew! I miss Oregon grass. I just spent two hours mowing and re-mowing, watering, spreading grass seed, spreading fertilizer, and watering again my lawn. Arizona is brutal on grass and soil. The ground is hard like dried clay. We have winter grass and summer grass and all kinds of grasses in between. I miss the just being able to water, when the rain wasn't doing the job, and mowing the grass. That's it. The really fun thing is, is that I get to go out and do the same thing over again at my parents' house in the next few days. Lol! Oh well, it is good for my spirit and soul to be working in the yard, feeling the dirt, smelling the grass. Somehow, my mind slows down and things come into focus while I'm working with Mother Nature. So, that's it for today. Gotta shower off all this nature and get to work. Spend a little time with Mother Nature today and see how you feel.

Today is wear a funny hat and dance around a bucket and sing "Fill it up! Fill it up!" day.

No comments:

Post a Comment