Monday, October 17, 2011

Take Time to Laugh

Sometimes we get so caught up with trying to make a living we forget to enjoy the living. I'm a guilty one. I work and work and work. I worry about whether or not my check is going to cover the bills, so I work some more. I was thinking the other day, "When was the last time, I just sat on the couch and watched a movie?" I can't remember when. I don't seem to ever stop. If I've got the TV on, I'm usually doing something else, crafting, cleaning, working, etc. I also noticed that I don't laugh very often...not because I'm unhappy, but just because sometimes there's nothing to laugh about. I don't remember what show I was watching, the other night, but I laughed, I mean really laughed, by myself. The dogs looked at me funny and that made me laugh more. I realized then it had been a while. When we laugh, our body shoots off endorphins that go to our brains and make us feel good. I decided right then that, whether I'm by myself or with someone, I am going to laugh more often. When I was in college, a girlfriend and I used to lay over the sides of our beds with our hands almost touching the floor. We would look at each other and just start laughing. It felt good. Hmmm now that I think about it, it was probably our idea of a high. Lol. Anyway, my point is, even though you are working hard for the money...take a minute to laugh and jump start those endorphins that may have been quiet for a while. Enjoy!

Today is play a board game day day.

No comments:

Post a Comment