Thursday, October 6, 2011

"Overall" Opportunities.

I believe that people are brought into our lives for a reason. Whether it be to help you in some way or for you to help them in some way. I wonder how many times I have missed an awesome experience because I was not seeing what was in front of me. Maybe that person who smiled at me in the grocery store owns a billboard company and would've given me a good deal on BE KINDER billboards. Maybe the woman who seemed sad as I passed her on my walk yesterday needed something more than a "Good Morning". Maybe the person who I cut short in a political conversation is going to be the president some day. It's really wild to think about how one simple interaction can change the universe. For example, if I have a BE KINDER conversation with someone and they go home and find the house a mess or child drawings on the wall, maybe our conversation will have made a difference in how they handle their child. If you stop and help someone put groceries in the car or hand them something they've dropped, will they be more quick to help someone they see in need? There are so many opportunities that we have every single day to make a difference. Thomas Edison said, "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." I love that. The harder something may seem to be, the less likely we are to do it. Why not, for today, be open to those people and opportunities that come your way. It could be life-changing.

Today is draw 10 rainbows and 10 pots of gold day.

No comments:

Post a Comment