Monday, October 24, 2011

Are You a Jumper?

Think it through. So many times, we jump into things that look good from the outset and even halfway through, but then seem to go south. Then you find yourself thinking, "If I'd only known." Hindsight is an amazing thing. Some things are impossible to predict, but other things I think we see but think they will disappear or change. Have you ever been in a place and thought, "Heck, I knew I shouldn't have come here. I knew this would happen." Why do we make decisions that inside we really know they are not the best ones? Is it the challenge? Is it the expectation of change? Or, is it simple foolishness? Some say it's better to do something even if you think it may be wrong. Others think it's best to not do anything and let someone else do it. Who is right? Who is wrong? I'm of the mind that if the odds are in my favor for a good outcome, after thinking through as best I can, then I'll jump in. Has made for some disappointments but overall I've been lucky. Are you a jumper in, a jumper out, or just a jumper? Hmmmm thought-provoking.

Today is sing a song together day.

No comments:

Post a Comment