Thursday, September 8, 2011

Be In The Moment

Today, I'm trying to be more in the moment.  Problem is, at this moment my mind is sort of blank.  Ha! But, if I write about this moment, I would say....The ceiling fan feels awesome.  The doves in the bird feeder outside my office window always make me smile.  The dogs on their beds next to my desk look so comfortable.  My desk is a mess.  Being in the moment sometimes brings about our recognition of simple miracles.  Like the fact that I'm sitting in Arizona and my sister is texting me from Oregon sending me writing inspirations.  Waiting....  Okay, here goes.  It is amazing how many things we can see and feel in any given moment, things we take for granted, things we may have missed until today.  Sort of a meditation in a way, forgetting all the troubles and stresses that may be whirling around you and focusing on what is happening right now.  I'm breathing. The sun is bright and hot outside.  The doves are enjoying breakfast and a bath.  The dogs are dreaming.  I hear a faint tinkle from the windchimes above my desk and a paper being blown by the fan.  My right foot sort of hurts.  I absolutely love the taste of hot Starbucks coffee with cream and sugar.  My tattoo looks lighter when my arm is tan.  Why do I have so many pens on my desk?  I can't believe it's Thursday already.  Phone rings and snaps me back to my reality.  Okay, so I know this is rambling and almost frenetic, but I'm trying to prove a point.  If we can be more in the moment, each moment, then sometimes the things that seem insurmountable in our lives will become less so.  Pick a moment or two today and stop, really pay attention to what is happening around you, what you are feeling.  Are you happy with what you see and feel? 

Today is touch something squishy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment