Sunday, September 25, 2011

We Have Got To Do Something

Someone asked me the other day what I thought about Susan Powell's father-in-law being arrested. I had to ask her who Susan Powell was. For those of you who don't know, she is the woman who disappeared in North Dakota when her husband had taken their two sons camping in the snow. I told her I remembered the story. I told her that with all the missing and murdered children and adults, throw in a few politicians and celebrity scandals, I have a hard time keeping everyone straight. How many times do we hear about the frantic search for someone on the news or on-line, and then we hear nothing about whether or not they were ever found. Does that mean that they weren't found? Does it mean someone else got away with something horrific? Does it mean they were never truly missing? I'm sure the people directly involved are either really happy or really devastated. I tend to get emotionally invested in the missing, abused and murdered children and have written about them before in my much earlier blogs. We have got to do something. We have got to be paying attention. There is always someone who has seen something. There is always someone who knows something. There is no reason that any child should be missing. There is no reason that any child should be abused. There is no reason that any child should be murdered. Same is true for adults. We have got to do something. I'm at a loss.

Today is clean for an hour day.

No comments:

Post a Comment