Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Family Memories

Whoohoo! My mom got her ticket to come back to Arizona in November. They have a wonderful cabin on the Kenai River in Alaska where they live from April to November or December and then come to their place in Arizona the other part of the year. Every year I look so forward to have them here. They keep me busy. Walks with dad and a baseball game or two, quiet conversations. Movies, board games, shopping, and memory-making moments with mom. Lots of laughter. I am so blessed to be able to spend time with them and am so thankful for the relationships we have. There are so many families that are broken, so much animosity and anger, so many lost loved ones. At the end of the day, what really matters? I've never heard anyone say, "I wish I wouldn't have been as close with my family. I regret all the time and moments I spent with my parents or children. I wish I would've seen more faults. I wish I wouldn't have been so nice. I wish I would've spent more holidays alone." My point is, if there are unresolved issues or tension in your family, maybe it's time you fixed them. Not only will you enjoy the moments you spend now, but the memories will be so much more rewarding than the guilt for not having done or said things you wish you would have. As for me...I will continue to love and appreciate mine.

Today is write the word "love" ten times day.

No comments:

Post a Comment