Monday, September 5, 2011

Do It With Kindness

Not too much happening in my world today, which is a good thing.  I'm making another pair of shoes for my granddaughter Jayda.  As I paint the BE KINDER on them, the rainbow, hearts, and sparkles, I think of her and all the good things I want for her. I would like to think that I am painting peace and happiness into the shoes so that when they are on her feet she will feel good things.  Reminds me of a prayer shawl a woman made for me when I was diagnosed with breast cancer the first time.  There is a group of women that make these shawls.  They light candles and say prayers of healing, peace, and all good things while they knit, weaving all their prayers into the pattern.  I believe it works.  While I was going through radiation, etc., I would wrap that shawl around my shoulders and immediately felt healing happening.  I still wrap it around me when I'm needing a little inner warmth and healing.  I believe that whatever we put into things it what we will get out of them...whether its things we create, jobs we do, or thoughts we have.  I believe if we do things with kindness, then kindness will come from them.

Today is buy a plant and take care of it day.

No comments:

Post a Comment