Saturday, September 17, 2011

Unexpected Surprises

I think unexpected surprises are the best kind. Whether you are on the giving end or the receiving end. Last night my son surprised me with a beautiful silver charm bracelet with bird, peace sign, cancer ribbon, stars and moons and suns, and Gramma green and orange and blue beads. It is gorgeous and soooo me. I absolutely don't think the cost of a gift matters, but...if you know my son, you know how hard it is for him to spend money. So, in this case, it means even more...if that makes sense. (smile). His friend helped him pick out everything and asked what color scheme I liked and he said "all colors", which is so true. He knows I love birds and peace and Gramma green. The pink cancer ribbon is a no-brainer. The stars and moons and suns are also important things to me. My point is, the more personal and thought-full a gift is, the more touched a person is when they receive it. We can all go out and buy the latest gadget or expensive jewelry or something that basically says "it's your birthday so I got you a present". But, when someone takes the time to really think about the person they are giving the gift to, it means so, so much more. Thank you, Bud, I love my surprise.

Today is Skype with Gramma day.

No comments:

Post a Comment