Wednesday, September 21, 2011

International Day of Peace

Today is International Day of Peace. Makes me think of internal peace. Internal as in inside of me. Internal as in inside of my personal space. We can aspire for international peace, but if we don't have peace within ourselves, our families, our communities, how can we possibly think we can achieve it internationally? I feel mostly at peace with myself, but do have my moments of turmoil. I feel at peace in the midst of my family. Community? I'm not quite sure. I feel at peace inside my home in my community and in my immediate surroundings, but I'm not sure about further out. As I write this, I'm thinking that trust is a big part of peace. Do I trust those "outside"? I'd like to, but.... Same goes, I suppose, for other countries. Then we must realize too that my idea of peace may not be the same as yours, our idea of peace may not be the same as theirs. Rambling, I know. I guess, I'll just focus on my internal peace and the peace around me and hopefully if enough people are doing the same then eventually all our "peaces" will blend together and thus...international peace. Hmmm, nice something to ponder.

Today is sit in a circle and giggle and laugh day.

No comments:

Post a Comment